Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Piggy in the Middle - Natalie Paterson

Piggy in the middle
I have a huge family-just at home lets see there’s my mum Sharon, my step dad Mark, my 3 older brothers David, Alex and Josh, my 2 younger sisters Rosie and Kate and my step brother and sister Gemma and Max and me Anna I’m piggy in the middle Gemma Max and David call me piglet I hate it I hate Mark as well he and my mum are MARRIED now so we live with him he’s a train driver I have the best bedroom in the whole house all the way up at the top it has a very pretty stain glassed window well it used to and then David threw a cricket ball threw it so now it is broken. And what’s worse is that our house is –literally- in the middle of nowhere no neighbours or anything at least I can see through my window. My idea of a fantastic holiday is reading making things and sleeping well my stepfather Mark had better ideas he said we had to go camping so that’s what were doing right now going camping
At least there’s no bears or snakes or wolfs in Taupo that’s where were going. Oh fresh air felt sooo GOOD well that is after being in a car with 7 other people we had just gotten to the camping site and already Gemma was calling her friends, Max was calling his girlfriend, Rosie had a bleeding nose, Alex, Josh and David were fighting over who got to sleep in the middle and Katie had decided to become a cat so Mum an Mark were trying to get her down from a tree, me with nothing to do I decided to go in to the woods for something to do. I ran back to the campsite everybody was asleep they must of figured I had gone off exploring I had made a fantastic discovery-a pool! Not like Moana pool in Dunedin this was a big blue lagoon surrounded by palm trees I woke everybody up but they just told me to go away and that they were trying to sleep
Even though it was only 5 pm! But mum came out and asked me what was going on and I told her to change into her togs and follow me then I got changed and sure enough mum had her togs on then we ran off into the woods together “oooo it’s beautiful” mum exclaimed as she gingerly took tiny steps into the clear, sparkling water “it’s a hot spring” mum said in surprise then mum picked me up and whirled m around and at that moment everything seemed perfect.

No comments: